Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 2920 - Adding to Central

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Aruba 2920 - Adding to Central

Posted Mar 10, 2017 04:38 AM

Hi All

I have a 2920 switch (WB.16.02.0012) and am trying to get it live, and managed in Central.  Added the device manually in Central, assigned a subscription to it, and put it in a group.  On the switch itself I've enabled Central, i.e.:

(config)# aruba-central enable

It doesn't seem to be connecting though. 'sh aruba-central' shows no server URL and connected = no.

What am I missing?

Cheers, James

• 2.  RE: Aruba 2920 - Adding to Central

Posted Mar 15, 2017 02:47 AM

Hi James,

After adding the devices to central and subscribed.

If the switch is in default state, On getting the IP from dhcp server. ZTP process will be triggered and switch will get provisioned with central URL and gets connected to central.

ZTP will be broken if we enter into config mode.

If the switch is in defaut state, can you please do an "erase startup". When the switch comes up , ZTP will be triggered and gets provisioned with central.

In (WB.16.02.0012), we don't have CLI knob to force "provision, erase startup is only option to trigger ZTP.

Is it possible to upgrade to WB.16.03.003 ? with upgrade , we can force ZTP provision using "activate provision force".

Thanks,

Santhosh

• 3.  RE: Aruba 2920 - Adding to Central

Posted Feb 09, 2018 05:38 PM

I am running ver YA.16.03.0007 on 2530-8G-PoE+ switch, i don't see any option activate provision force in the config mode. 

Is 2530-8G--PoE+ supported in Aruba Central??

• 4.  RE: Aruba 2920 - Adding to Central

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 09, 2018 06:04 PM

Greetings!

Aruba Central and Activate support for the 2530 switch family is available in YA.16.04 or later.  I would recommend updating your switch to the latest build of 16.04 or 16.05, then try to provision your switch again.

• 5.  RE: Aruba 2920 - Adding to Central

Posted Mar 19, 2018 09:27 AM

Hi,

Can i add a switch 2540 with firmware 16.05 to aruba central after configuring it in CLI mode ?

I added the switch with serial and mac but it is unrecheable!

thx