Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 4 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 5412 Switch Uplink

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Aruba 5412 Switch Uplink

Posted Aug 07, 2019 12:01 PM

I'm new to Aruba, switching from Cisco.  I find the documentation on the Aruba site difficult to find details on. With the 5412R switches there is a zl2 management module.  Does the management module have an SFP+ port for use as an uplink to the switch or do you have to purchase an 8 port module and use one of the open slots for an uplink?

• 2.  RE: Aruba 5412 Switch Uplink
    Best Answer

MVP GURU
    Posted Aug 07, 2019 07:43 PM

Hi, welcome!

Aruba 5400R zl2 MM (Management Module) hasn't any "interface" ports (excluding OoBM and Serial Console ports) that you can use to uplink for normal (non-OoBM) access traffic.

To uplink (or to downlink) - well, simply...to link - to other Switches or Access devices you need to populate with proper interface modules one of its 6 (or 12) alphabetic identified free slots.

Look at Aruba 5400R zl2 Datasheet to find a suitable module (I suggest you to use only latest v3 zl2 generation modules).

Old but still good HP 5400R zl2 FAQs.

Aruba 5400R zl2 Option Parts.

Aruba 5400R zl2 v2 zl to v3 zl2 Modules Compatibility and Upgrade Guide .