Wired Intelligent Edge (Campus Switching and Routing)

Contributor II

ArubaOS 8 Campus AP Whitelist Import: what is the expected format?

Hi,

I'd like to import a campus ap whitelist in the GUI (ArubaOS 8.3.0.4), but I can't seem to find information on what the file should look like. Anyone have an idea what the expected import file format and syntax is?

2018-12-12 10_54_32.pngimport button2018-12-12 10_55_05.pngimport window

Regards,

Dante

Frequent Contributor I

Re: ArubaOS 8 Campus AP Whitelist Import: what is the expected format?

whitelist has been created for a certificate-based RAP. This list can automatically be populated. The whitelist specifies the RAP name and AP group.

Contributor II

@Sureshreddy wrote:

whitelist has been created for a certificate-based RAP. This list can automatically be populated. The whitelist specifies the RAP name and AP group.

Maybe I should explain a little more:

A customer want to be able to import a whitelist file containing MAC address, AP name and AP group for 500 APs he's going to deploy, so they get provisioned automatically with the correct name and group. Not talking about RAPs, but CAPs. In the screenshot I added in my initial message you can see a link that enables users to import a whitelist file. I'd like to know what the format and syntax of that file should be, tried with something basic like a csv file containing "<mac address>,<ap name>,<ap group>", but it's not accepted.

Regards,

Dante

New Contributor

Hi Dante,

Just add them via CLI:

whitelist-db cpsec add mac-address aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff ap-name AP-XXX-YYY-ZZZ

https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_64x_WebHelp/Content/ArubaFrameStyles/Control_Plane/Whitelists_on_Campus_and_Remote_APs.htm

Regards,

Thomas

Contributor II

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the suggestion, but I was already aware of that option and used it as a workaround.

It's just annoying that the option to import in the GUI is available, but no example or documentation is available on the syntax. Which in effect renders the feature useless...

Regards,

Dante

Highlighted
New Contributor

To add an entry the format is the following:

00:00:00:00:00:00,<AP name>,<AP group>,<Description>

If you do not want to configure an option, leave all commas in place.

examples:

80:8D:B7:01:02:03,MY-FIRST-AP,default,Aruba 315

80:8D:B7:04:05:06,MY-OTHER-AP,,Aruba 315

Please note as of now, I have not figured how or if one can update or remove an existing entry thru the import process.

FYI - Aruba support was of no help in determining this information. :(

So good luck if you call support to inquire about this option.

Regards,

Dan

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: