Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

ArubaOS-CX Mobile App template issue

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  ArubaOS-CX Mobile App template issue

Posted Jan 08, 2020 02:28 PM
      |   view attached

I'm testing the initial setup of a 6300M switch using the ArubaCX Mobile app. I tried creating a custom template file and importing to the switch from the app and everything goes well except for the spanning tree portion on the template. I want to setup rapid-pvst on the switch so I added these lines to my template:

spanning-tree mode rpvst
    spanning-tree vlan 100,110,120,130,140

But I get a Template failed validation saying that I cannot configure rpvst mode because I need to disable spanning-tree first to change the mode (see attachement for error).

Is this an expected behavior? and is there a way to override this so I can change the stp mode during my initial setup? I did a workaround where I removed those lines from my custom template and then I do the setup stp manually but this kinda of breaks the magic of doing the initial configs using the app.

Note: I also had errors when trying to setup the banner motd and banner execs using the app.

Thanks,

• 2.  RE: ArubaOS-CX Mobile App template issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 13, 2020 05:32 PM

what firmware version are you running on 6300s?

ensure it is 10.04.0020.

regards

• 3.  RE: ArubaOS-CX Mobile App template issue

Posted Jan 15, 2020 09:11 PM

Hi Ariya, that's correct, I'm running the latest version.

• 4.  RE: ArubaOS-CX Mobile App template issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 16, 2020 02:13 PM

We are looking at it.

• 5.  RE: ArubaOS-CX Mobile App template issue

MVP GURU
    Posted Jan 21, 2020 04:23 AM

• 6.  RE: ArubaOS-CX Mobile App template issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 14, 2020 03:28 AM

This should be fixed within one month with a new AOS-CX release.