Wired Intelligent Edge (Campus Switching and Routing)

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor II

Re: ArubaOS-CX on ESXI

Hello all, 

I have GNSVM running on ESXi, 

My arubacx switch is correctly uploaded/installed. 

When I drag and drop a switch on my project, the switch never go online, and when i look to console, I found always the bellow messages, 

MandP_0-1594161436622.png

any idea? 

regards.

Highlighted
MVP Guru

What version do you run ?

I assume you activate nested virtualization (GNS3VM is KVM, so the GNS3VM must have setting for virtualization enabled).

Rgds,

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor II

I ended by using virtualBox with GNS3 in same machine, it works pretty fine, 

thank you ! 

To answer you question, 

GNS3 latest version 2.2.5 i think 

Virtualisation enabled and i was able to see that through ssh to gns3vm

Highlighted
MVP Guru

Good to see that you were able to unlock your issue.

AOS-CX running on top of GNS3VM in order to run GNS3 webUI and AOS-CX virtual instances in separate machines work fine, normally.

I wonder why I does not work on your side. Let us know if you find the root cause later.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I had the exact same experience with ArubaOS-CX v10.04 and unable to get management interface connectivity using ESXi 6.5.  When OVA first deployed, I did recall an error that default OS selected by OVA (Other Linux 64-bit) was no longer supported by my ESXi version.  Additionally, all default NICs were unsupported (probably due to the default OS selection).  Therefore, I shut down the guest VM and changed its OS settings (under VM Options > General Options) to use more current values including "Other 3.0 Linux 64-bit" and changed all NIC adapters to use VMXNET3.  Note: you cannot simply change the adapter type but need to delete existing and re-add Network interfaces with new type value.  After couple days of researching and troubleshooting different ArubaOS-CX config settings, I eventually decided to give another ESXi Guest OS and NIC selection a try.  I selected "Other 2.6 Linux 64-bit" and "E1000" and network connectivity worked on next restart!  Not sure if VMXNET adapters work or not.  Did not try since E1000 selection is working.  Just happy to finally get it working.  Hope this info helps others and saves them the time I spent.  Paying back and paying forward!

Highlighted
MVP Guru Elite

Thanks craigm for feedback

PowerArubaSW: Powershell Module to use Aruba Switch API for Vlan, VlanPorts, LACP, LLDP... More info

PowerArubaCP: Powershell Module to use ClearPass API (create NAD, Guest...) More info

PowerArubaCX: Powershell Module to use ArubaCX API (get interface/vlan/ports info)

PowerArubaIAP: Powershell Module to use Aruba Instant AP

PowerArubaMC: Powershell Module to use Mobility Controller / Master

ACMP 6.4 / ACMX #107 / ACCP 6.5 / ACSP
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: