Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Better visibility to client problems

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Better visibility to client problems

Posted Nov 10, 2019 08:28 AM

Hi everyone. We're doing a PoC for dynamic segmentation for our new campus. I really like the idea compared to some other solutions that are a lot more complex and are huge vendor lock ins.

On thing I'm missing is the better visibility to client problems. For example I turned off the test DHCP server so the users didn't get any IP addresses. After that I'm not seeing any of my clients on Airwave or controllers. Is there a way to see these problems, and for example authentication issues? I can see authentication issues from ClearPass of course, but having a central location for those in Airwave would be nice. I didn't find anything about the DHCP issue there though.

Or are there something in the pipeline coming soon? For example does the on-premise Central help in this? Or Airwave Glass?

Thanks for any ideas!

• 2.  RE: Better visibility to client problems

Posted Nov 11, 2019 08:36 AM

In Airwave you can monitor infrastrucuture components with clarity live.

Buy what you are really looking for is Aruba User Experience Insight (UXI). This is a hardware based sensor that you install in your office. This sensor will then perform some client test, like: office 365, skype for business calls, but also the basic infa components like dns, dhcp. 

When your dhcp server stops working you will be alerted within a few minutes. Check out the website.