Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Can you handle 100 4K SSH keys on a Aruba Switch?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Can you handle 100 4K SSH keys on a Aruba Switch?

Posted Nov 11, 2018 09:32 AM

Hi,

I´m sitting with a RFP and one question is if you can store 100 4K SSH keys on a Aruba Switch.

I have asked the SE team in Sweden but have not got any answer.

Is there anybody out in the community that knows?

• 2.  RE: Can you handle 100 4K SSH keys on a Aruba Switch?

MVP GURU
    Posted Nov 11, 2018 10:47 AM
    Hi Daniel,

I hope to be correct: I suspect clients' Public SSH Keys - your RFP is asking about those ones (SSH Key length apart), isn't it? - longer than 1024 ASCII characters can't be stored on the Switch by means of an upload of a text file containing them and - again...I hope to have read the documentation correctly - it also looks like the Switch is able to read (and store) up to 10 public SSH Keys only.

Reference: the Aruba 5400R/3810M Management and Configuration Guide for ArubaOS-Switch 16.07 at page 589 (Paragraph "An attempt to copy a client public-key file into the switch has failed and the switch lists one of the following messages").

• 3.  RE: Can you handle 100 4K SSH keys on a Aruba Switch?

Posted Nov 11, 2018 10:56 AM

I think that they want to have 100 different network admins that can have there own SSH key. So the switch need to store 100 different 4K SSH keys. I might be wrong but this is what I think that they are asking about.

• 4.  RE: Can you handle 100 4K SSH keys on a Aruba Switch?

MVP GURU
    Posted Nov 11, 2018 11:52 AM

If so...it looks like up to only 10 SSH Client public keys (up to 1024 bit long) can be configured/uploaded (in any case: stored) into the Switch (and I'm assuming we're speaking about something like Aruba 5400R zl2 or Aruba 3810M Switch series...I haven't checked other low/mid end series).

• 5.  RE: Can you handle 100 4K SSH keys on a Aruba Switch?

MVP GURU
    Posted Nov 21, 2018 07:24 AM

it is a very strange request...(no sur what switch can make this...)

it is better to use TACACS (or RADIUS) for management :-)

• 6.  RE: Can you handle 100 4K SSH keys on a Aruba Switch?

MVP GURU
    Posted Nov 21, 2018 12:45 PM

Yes, it looks like suspiciously tailored as a RFP's requirement...

• 7.  RE: Can you handle 100 4K SSH keys on a Aruba Switch?

MVP GURU
    Posted Nov 25, 2018 04:01 AM

Yes....