Wired Intelligent Edge (Campus Switching and Routing)

Highlighted
MVP Expert

Changing AP wired port profile in AP group

Hi community,

For my RAP solution, I am trying to configure a new AP group where the RAP E1-E3 ports are shutdown when the workstations don't meet some requeriments (I am working with a 3rd party NAC). I create the new AP group, and then change the E1 AP wired port profile:

shutdown.png

Then, when submitting I get the following message:

error.png

And I can't have an AP group with the E1-E3 ports shutdown. How can I configure this? Please your help.

Regards,

Julián

Highlighted

Re: Changing AP wired port profile in AP group

What version of AOS? 

Charlie Clemmer
Aruba Customer Engineering
Highlighted
MVP Expert

Hi,

It is ArubaOS 8.4.0.0. The message says "Predefined AP wired port profile "shutdown" is not editable", but I don't want to edit such profile, just to create an AP group where ports E1-E3 are in the AP wired port profile "shutdown".

Regards,

Julián

Highlighted
MVP Expert

Hi everyone,

No ideas?

Regards,

Julián

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor I

You can modifiy default profiles like shutdown, just edit whatever you want in then hit submit as and chose a name. This will create new profile and you can use it.  

Highlighted
MVP Expert

Hi Zaid L,

Yeah, you are correct, but I don't want to edit the shutdown profile, just to create an AP group where ports E1-E3 are in the AP wired port profile "shutdown".

Regards,
Julián
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

Hi

I have the exact same problem. I'm on AOS 8.6.0.0 and this is the first time I ever seen this.

Why is this issue not addressed ?

How did you resolved this?

Highlighted
Guru Elite

There are some default profiles that you cannot edit.  Create your own profiles.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Video Knowledge Base
Remote Access Point Solution Guide
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
ArubaOS 8 ViA VPN Solution Guide
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

Editing is not the issue here.

When you choose the "shutdown" profile and hit submit the error come up. there have been no editing of the profile what so ever and many other groups are using this "shutdown" for there ap wired port profile.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: