Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 6 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Cisco SFP compatibility

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  Cisco SFP compatibility

Posted Feb 21, 2018 12:53 PM

We have Aruba 2530 switches and a number of spare Cisco GLC-DX-MM SFP modules. I plugged one in but in the CLI it shows an error about only modules above revision B are compatible. Not sure what that means as there is no revision info on the module. HP J4858C modules work fine but I'd love to be able to use these Cisco module we have rather than having to buy more HPs since we have them.  Is there anything that can be done to make those SFPs work in the Aruba switches?

• 2.  RE: Cisco SFP compatibility
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 22, 2018 03:14 AM

Since software version 16.02 you have the possibility to allow 3rd party transceivers. This can be enabled in config mode via allow-unsupported-transceiver command. There will be no warranty and needs to use at your own risk. 

• 3.  RE: Cisco SFP compatibility

Posted Feb 22, 2018 10:47 AM
    wrote:

Since software version 16.02 you have the possibility to allow 3rd party transceivers. This can be enabled in config mode via allow-unsupported-transceiver command. There will be no warranty and needs to use at your own risk. 

I found this info as well after posting this, though it works on our 2530's but not our 2620's on the latest firmware. Is there any way to allow these SFPs on the 2620?