Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Enterprise router options

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Enterprise router options

Posted Sep 02, 2019 10:26 AM

Hi I was hoping for some advise on some options for enterprise router. I have a very good understanding on the Cisco ISR and ASR ranges and Juniper SRX lines and using those as routers. Could anyone share some experience with any other brands please?

I was going to look at some switches to see if that is a viable option that could be used in place of a routers and compromises would be made doing so I.e IPSec VPN not an option. Looking to achieve around 1Gbps throughput at 1500B packets. Has anyone ventured down this path?

I'm also not really aware of any white box routers are there any and are there any popular distributions. Or has anyone gone down using whitebox switches as an option?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Enterprise router options

Posted Sep 09, 2019 02:45 PM

If I was starting from scratch, I'd take a serious look at Aruba's SD-branch solution. The controller as router and security horizon make a fair amount of sense and the SDN architecture they propose look very good.