Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Error: Default gateway IP address conflicts with vlan 1 IP addres

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Error: Default gateway IP address conflicts with vlan 1 IP addres

Posted Oct 08, 2015 09:15 PM

Hi.

I have a MAS s2500 as my router (10.1.10.41) and a proxy server for internet filtering (10.1.10.160).  I have all devices pointing to the s2500, as the default gateway. When I go to the s2500 and enter itself as the default gateway it gives me the message: #Error: Default gateway IP address conflicts with vlan 1 IP address. The s2500 currently points to the proxy server as the default gateway. Is that the correct way to have it?

Thank you.

• 2.  RE: Error: Default gateway IP address conflicts with vlan 1 IP addres

Posted Oct 18, 2015 01:29 PM

the default gateway is in principle your next step, so your clients point to the MAS and then your MAS should point to the next routing device.so setting the default gateway to the device itself doesn't make sense, you would create some kind of never ending loop.

if a proxy server is a wise choice is hard to say, if it also routes it might work.