Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 8 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Exchange VSF Member 24P to 48P

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Exchange VSF Member 24P to 48P

Posted Jan 16, 2019 03:41 AM

Hello,

we have a 4-member Stack with three 48P and one 24P switches. We now want to exchange the 24P with a 48P. All switches are from the 2930f series and using 16.07. as software.

We shutdownd the 24P and tried to provison it anew with a new type, but it failed:

nsrc584test(config)# vsf member 4 type JL558a
    This will save the current configuration. Continue (y/n)?  y
    The switch type does not match the configured switch type for this memberId.

Then i had read in the Best Practice guide, that i would need to remove the old VSF Links, but this failed again:

nsrc584test(config)# no vsf member 4 link 2 4/28
    Standby or Member is missing, therefore the command
    cannot be executed.

Is there anything i am missing? Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Exchange VSF Member 24P to 48P
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 16, 2019 01:06 PM

Greetings!

I apologize for the confusion; this was an inadvertent oversight in the stacking/VSF member replacement procedure. When replacing a stack or VSF member with a different model, the original member must be removed from the configuration prior to adding the replacement, and any member-specific configuration (interface settings, VLAN assignments) must be re-applied to the configuration after adding the replacement.

The document has been updated and re-uploaded to my original post with the corrected procedure.