Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 10 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

How to assign ip address to a specific interface on Aruba Modular Layer 3 switch

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  How to assign ip address to a specific interface on Aruba Modular Layer 3 switch

Posted May 26, 2017 03:35 AM

Hello everyone,

I am trying to figure out if there is a way that I can assign an ip address to an interface port since my modular switches 5406Rzl2 are a layer 3 switch.

In cisco, "no switchport" command can assign ip address to interface. Do anyone know what is the equivalent command of "no switchport" command in Cisco L3 switches on Aruba L3 switches?

Kindly support.
    Regards,

• 2.  RE: How to assign ip address to a specific interface on Aruba Modular Layer 3 switch

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 28, 2017 05:30 PM

Hi, This is not possible. The 5400 / Aruba Switches don't support direct layer 3 interfaces. You can do this by creating a VLAN, assing the IP to the VLAN and offcourse assign interface to VLAN. You maybe also want to stop sending BPDU on these interface to have same function as layer 3 interfaces. I know it's a bit different that true layer 3 interface but it works perfect. Hope this will help you. Regards, Dobias