Wired Intelligent Edge (Campus Switching and Routing)

Highlighted
New Contributor

I am locked out of a switch through "ip authorized-managers"

Hello,

I was adding the command "ip authorized-managers <ip address> <mask> access manager" to the edge switches of a network in order to prevent access from unauthorized devices.Unfortunately, by mistake, I entered this command to the Core Switch with it's own IP address and now I cannot access the core switch via ssh, telnet or GUI.

Is there a way to access the core switch without a console cable as this switch is in a remote location?

Cheers

Sachith

Highlighted
MVP Guru Elite

Re: I am locked out of a switch through "ip authorized-managers"

No...

(may be try to restart the switch if there is no write memory...)

PowerArubaSW: Powershell Module to use Aruba Switch API for Vlan, VlanPorts, LACP, LLDP... More info

PowerArubaCP: Powershell Module to use ClearPass API (create NAD, Guest...) More info

PowerArubaCX: Powershell Module to use ArubaCX API (get interface/vlan/ports info)

PowerArubaIAP: Powershell Module to use Aruba Instant AP

PowerArubaMC: Powershell Module to use Mobility Controller / Master

ACMP 6.4 / ACMX #107 / ACCP 6.5 / ACSP
Highlighted
New Contributor

Unlucky me. I did "wr mem".

Highlighted
MVP Guru

Mate, very unlucky...maybe (valid for me too!) next time planning an automatic (stable) configuration rollback via scheduled job just to avoid been kicked off in case of probable misconfiguration (example here)...would be a nice idea if the changes look potentially disruptives (some models provide a preview mode of operation but exiting this mode, once entered, will require a switch reboot...clearly if you have a core that isn't the best way to test a configuration change and revert it back in case of trouble).

Highlighted
New Contributor

Looks like i have no choice other than get someone to console into it. However thanks for the information about the rollback process. it surely is helpful in future.

Highlighted

@parnassus wrote:

Mate, very unlucky...maybe (valid for me too!) next time planning an automatic (stable) configuration rollback via scheduled job just to avoid been kicked off in case of probable misconfiguration (example here)...would be a nice idea if the changes look potentially disruptives (some models provide a preview mode of operation but exiting this mode, once entered, will require a switch reboot...clearly if you have a core that isn't the best way to test a configuration change and revert it back in case of trouble).

Is there a similar ROLLBACK feature for AOS-CX ?

Thanks.

/smb/air (formerly: aoscx-noob)
MVP Guru