Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution

Link-local address space and IGMP snooping limitations?

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Link-local address space and IGMP snooping limitations?

Posted Dec 24, 2018 04:20 AM

Hello,

I have problem with mdns & bonjour discovery protocols (EDIT: and also PTP multicast) wich occures only in one vlan.

I have "normal" star topolgy network with 2530/2540 edges and 5406 core stack and over 10 vlans to host all necessary networks. 5406 is running on route mode and acts as router between networks. All vlan's has ACL which are attached to vlan's in-queue which should have no effect while problematic traffic stays in one vlan. All vlan's has same ip igmp-configurations and core stack acts as snooping querier.

Problematic vlan components are in 169.254.0.0/16 address space so question is that is there limitations in combination of certain ip address spaces and IGMP functionalities how Aruba/HPE swithces can or cannot pass multicast to rest of the L2 network? To things work right in 169.254.0.0/16 network addressed and PTP clocked Dante audio network I have to subscribe PTP multicast (224.0.1.129-132) statically into every edge switch to things work right.

Today we added another Dante network components to other vlan with 10.10.2.0/24 network addressing and everything worked fine without any special configuration?!?

Peacefull Christmas to all Airheads!