Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Loop with AOSCX + UBT

This thread has been viewed 13 times
  • 1.  Loop with AOSCX + UBT

Posted Feb 26, 2020 04:07 PM

Hi there,

Having the following problem:

- 6300M connected to the core; VLAN 100 trunked

- Aruba 7005 connected to the core; VLAN 100 trunked

- Apply a UBT secondary/gateway role that has VLAN 100

- After the role is applied to 6300M, my core goes down. I can see a huge increase of packets on both 6300M and 7005 links. A loop seems to be present. This does not trigger spanning-tree, that is enabled and working.

- As soon as I remove VLAN 100 from 6300M, everything works fine. No loop. And the client tunnel works perfectly.

Any ideia what can be the reason for this?

My other non-CX switches work fine with the same scenario.

There are no physical loops possible. Only one cable from 7005 to Core, and one cable from 6300M to core,and one cable from the client to the 6300M. It can only be the 6300M or the 7005 bridging "internally" VLAN 100 from the trunk to the GRE tunnel.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Loop with AOSCX + UBT

MVP GURU
    Posted Feb 28, 2020 02:30 AM

vlan 100 is your UBT vlan ? it need don't be on the rest of network (only on the local switch)

• 3.  RE: Loop with AOSCX + UBT

Posted Feb 28, 2020 12:57 PM

No.

My ubt vlan is "only local vlan not trunked anywhere; not connected anywhere".

In my case, 1999 is being used.

VLAN 100 is the client VLAN.

If it is trunked from 7005 to core, and from AOSCX to the core, and I apply a secondary role with VLAN 100 to AOSCX, a loop is created.

• 4.  RE: Loop with AOSCX + UBT

MVP GURU
    Posted Mar 02, 2020 02:09 AM

What your config ?