Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

NetEdit Appliance OS's SSH access

This thread has been viewed 37 times
  • 1.  NetEdit Appliance OS's SSH access

MVP GURU
    Posted Dec 13, 2019 05:04 AM

Hi,

I'm having an hard time trying to SSH into NetEdit 2.0 Appliance (OS)...I'm using the very same valid user credentials I've set and I currently use to successfully login into via VMware Console (neadmin|<password-as-set-during-first-config>).

Login into Aruba NetEdit Web dashboard is OK (admin|<password-as-set-during-first-Web-login>), that's unrelated to my issue...just to say.

From what I saw /etc/ssh/sshd_config has PermitRootLogin set to no...so it should be correct to use the neadmin user to perform SSH login into...in spite of that I'm unable to pass the SSH login using the neadmin user.

Am I missing or misunderstanding anything really obvious?

• 2.  RE: NetEdit Appliance OS's SSH access

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 13, 2019 05:09 AM

Hi Davide,

LInux default user is: neadmin

You have to set the new password for this user during isntallation.

I'm able to SSH with this neadmin username and new password

without any problem.

May be some typos...?

• 3.  RE: NetEdit Appliance OS's SSH access
    Best Answer

MVP GURU
    Posted Dec 13, 2019 05:36 AM

Bingo Vincent...silly me...the Aruba NetEdit OS keyboard layout (mapping) doesn't match my italian one...I verified that when you wrote "typo"...so I was entering into NetEdit OS console via VMware typing the password I believe I chose but, de facto, I was mistyping the password I've set...the password I set uses the "-" (not typed with the numeric keypad...where the "-" button types "-" whatever the Keyboard layout mapping is)...I didn't understood I really was typing "/" when I pressed the "-" on my keyboard...gosh!

Clearly via SSH the keyboard layout mapping used is the correct one I have (Italian) and the "-" is "-" so the mismatch...fixed...but now...can I fix the Keyboard mapping (sudo dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration followed by sudo service keyboard-setup restart) on the Aruba NetEdit OS to match mine (Italian) without causing any issue?

• 4.  RE: NetEdit Appliance OS's SSH access

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 13, 2019 05:43 AM

I used French keyboard for 15+ years, and I switched to English keyboard 5 years ago ;-) (and honestly, simplifying my life when connecting on remote consoles)

• 5.  RE: NetEdit Appliance OS's SSH access

MVP GURU
    Posted Dec 13, 2019 05:48 AM

Yeah...I know. Fixed. Thanks!