Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

NetEdit template for new access switches

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  NetEdit template for new access switches

Posted Apr 25, 2020 04:50 PM

How would I create a plan/solution (a template) for new access switches? After installing switches, I'd like to just add the switch to correct group in NetEdit and have the configs pushed there.

Also wondering how do I check if the access switches have all the configs that are in the plan and that the switches are compliant?

• 2.  RE: NetEdit template for new access switches
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 06, 2020 01:26 PM
      |   view attached

Hello, 

Netedit is really meant for the day 2-3 etc changes. However you can get something close to a template. By using the copy feature in the editor. Screen shot attached. this will allow you to copy one devices configuration over to another devices configuration which you can then tweak and use it as a template. 

The mobile app would be what we use for Day0 templates which is free and works with the bluetooth dongle. 

The When you say compliance im not sure if you mean HIPPA or PCI or something along those lines but we can create conformance rules which will tell you what devices are compliant with your network  configuration.