Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Port Isolation (Wired Guest Network)

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  Port Isolation (Wired Guest Network)

Posted Mar 06, 2017 02:21 PM

I am using an Aruba 3810M switch. I am trying to create a VLAN that allows users to connect hardwired as guest. I want them to have the port isolation to the internet as if they were on a WLAN Guest network. Anotherwords, the device plugged into Port1 cannot see Port2, etc... There are 1300 ports in the building. Creating a seperate VLAN is out of the question. I have attempted to use the Private Vlan feature. It did not work as I hoped, or my configuration was incorrect. Can someone point me in the right direction to get this started?

• 2.  RE: Port Isolation (Wired Guest Network)
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 07, 2017 06:35 AM

you can use "isolate-list" feature on the vlan. Isolate-list feature creates a list of isolated ports for the VLAN. Traffic received on isolated ports will not be forwarded to other isolated ports in the VLAN. Traffice will be forwarded  only to non-isolated ports on that vlan.For example if ports a1-a23 is part of vlan 1,and if "isolate-list" is created with  ports a1-a22, then ports a1-a22 will not be able to talk to each other. only port a23 can talk to a1-a22. 

HP-Switch-5406Rzl2(vlan-1)# isolate-list a1-a22

• 3.  RE: Port Isolation (Wired Guest Network)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 07, 2017 06:38 AM

• 4.  RE: Port Isolation (Wired Guest Network)

Posted Mar 07, 2017 06:40 AM

Thank You! I will try that on my “test floor” as soon as I get in this morning.

• 5.  RE: Port Isolation (Wired Guest Network)

Posted Mar 08, 2017 11:57 AM

That worked wonderfully! Thanks so much for the input!

• 6.  RE: Port Isolation (Wired Guest Network)

Posted Jul 02, 2020 01:05 AM

What is Port Isolation referred to actually whether Port Security or Private VLAN and is it supported on Aruba OS-CX Switches?

• 7.  RE: Port Isolation (Wired Guest Network)

Posted Jul 02, 2020 01:32 AM

Dear All, any update would be helpful as it is too urgent