Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

REDUNDANT PORT

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  REDUNDANT PORT

Posted Aug 30, 2017 10:33 PM

WHAT IS THE REQUIREMENT FOR THIS FOR THE ARUBA SWITCH TO MAKE IT USABLE ON THE SERVER SIDEWHAT IS THE REQUIREMENT FOR THIS FOR THE ARUBA SWITCH TO MAKE IT USABLE ON THE SERVER SIDE

provided the server was configured NIC Teaming, if i plug directly without tweaking the Aruba Switch 3810M switch can it automatically fuction as redundant setup?

• 2.  RE: REDUNDANT PORT

Posted Sep 03, 2017 09:12 PM

do i need to enable LACP o configue it? i need help on this please

• 3.  RE: REDUNDANT PORT

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 05, 2017 03:26 AM

Hi gascon,

This all depends on what the other device supports. But probably LACP passive will be the best option. 

It would be nice if you let me know if all information on the other thread helped setting up the infrastructure. 

Regards, Dobias

• 4.  RE: REDUNDANT PORT

Posted Sep 05, 2017 11:40 PM

hi,

thanks for replying, so i just enable the LACP, what do you mean passive? or can you show me the configuration how to do LACP PASSIVE? thank you!

• 5.  RE: REDUNDANT PORT

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 06, 2017 03:21 AM

This is correct. You can enable LACP passive with the following command:

trunk <por list> lacp

Off course you need to configure the other device also as static LACP. In the ArubaOS Switch management configuration guide chapter 7 port trunking, there is a lot of information on these protocols. Hereby the link:

http://h20564.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=a00021320en_us