Route Management with IP-SLA
02-06-2018 03:41 PM
I need help to configure with IP-SLA help that a default route is propagated as long as the condition of the IP-SLA is fulfilled. Please someone tell me if this is possible in aruba computers, the model I am configuring is JL071A with version KB.16.02.0013. For more detail, I need to propagate the default route as long as the core switch has an internet connection.
I hope you can help me.
Re: Route Management with IP-SLA
02-06-2018 10:45 PM
The IP-SLA purpose at Aruba switches is for helps administrators collect information about network performance in real time.
The IP SLA feature provides:
• Application-aware monitoring that simulates actual protocol packets.
• Predictable measures that aid in ease of deployment and help with assessment of existing network performance.
• Accurate measures of delay and packet loss for time-sensitive applications.
• End-to-end measurements to represent actual user experience.
There is some IP-SLA where you can take action if some threshold is crossed an they are:
• trap: Send snmp-trap when configured threshold is hit.
• log: Only log the event when configured threshold is hit.
• trap-log: Send snmp-trap and log the event when configured threshold is hit.
• none: Take no action.
According to what are you asking for is currently not possible by the switch alone. We encourage to use dynamic routing by OSPF.
If it helps please add Kudos