Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 3 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

S1500 SFP compatibility

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  S1500 SFP compatibility

Posted Apr 13, 2016 11:28 AM

Hi guys, 

can you help to check if this SFP part number "GLC-SX-MMD++=” can work with S1500 12p and 24p ARUBA switches.

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: S1500 SFP compatibility
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 14, 2016 05:18 AM

Compatible SFPs are on the public website: http://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/interoperability/#SFP-XFP

The SFP you mention is not on that list as far as I can see. However, as it is SFP, it should fit in the S1500.

Aruba does not actively block SFP in the Mobility Access Switches, so it may work. Aruba TAC cannot support the SFP, so if a problem is related (or may be related) to the used SFP, they can ask you to replace the SFP by a supported one. Unfortunately, I don't have such a SFP so I can't test it for you.

• 3.  RE: S1500 SFP compatibility

Posted Apr 14, 2016 08:04 AM
    Hi hrobers
    Great ... Good link ...was really helpful. Yes understand you mean, Btw i ll perform this test as soon as i get test equipment ... then inform you.
    Thanks a ton dude for your help ... (Y)