Wired Intelligent Edge (Campus Switching and Routing)

Highlighted
MVP Expert

SFP SX Transceivers: clarification about C/D Hardware revisions 4x4 Part Numbers

Hi all,

I need just a confirmation, are associations reported below:

• SKU Part Number J4858C has 4x4 Part Number 1990-4415
  • SKU Part Number J4858D has 4x4 Part Number 1990-4395

correct?

Looking at any recent ArubaOS-Switch and ArubaOS-CX Transceiver Guide it seems the contrary given the way they are listed (which, I know, isn't correct), as example see here:

J4858C_D_SFP_Transceivers.pngand here:

J4858C_D_SFP_Transceivers_1.png

Looking the way those items are reported it looks like the J4858C has 1990-4395 and J4858D has the 1990-4415.

MVP Expert

Re: SFP SX Transceivers: clarification about C/D Hardware revisions 4x4 Part Numbers

Greetings!

For clarification: both J4858C and J4858D may use either of the two listed 4x4 part numbers — it is not a one-to-one mapping. (If this were the case, they would be listed in separate rows in the chart.)

Matt Fern
Technical Marketing Engineer, Wired Intelligent Edge

Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise company

8000 FOOTHILLS BLVD  |  ROSEVILLE, CA 95747
T: 916.540.1759  |  E: mfern@hpe.com   |   Matt @ Twitter
MVP Expert

Re: SFP SX Transceivers: clarification about C/D Hardware revisions 4x4 Part Numbers

Hello Matthew, thank you for clarifying me that (that was exactly the other possible option)...maybe I was too focused on finding a nonexistent 1:1 mapping!

So...the only way to verify about which Hardware revision (C or D) an HP/HPE/Aruba SFP SX Transceiver (I'm only focused on this one) is to look at its SKU (Prod #) and not at its 4x4 (Part #), both reported by show tech transceivers command.

Thank you again.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: