Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Set an IP for a switch without it being an RVI

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Set an IP for a switch without it being an RVI

Posted Jul 09, 2018 11:10 AM

Is there a way to set an IP address on an S2500 switch without it being the IP address of a Routed Virtual Interface? I have one switch at a remote location that we just connected to our campus LAN over a fiber L2 ethernet connection -it uplinks to the MDF at one of our schools - but I would like to keep it isololated from the school building traffic  because it's a non-academic department. I created a new VLAN and subnet on both sides of the connection, but I'm not allowing the switching backbone VLAN to traverse that link, again, in the interest of trying to maintain some separation of the two buildings' traffic. Is there a way to set an IP address on the switch for management purposes only without it being a L3 RVI?

• 2.  RE: Set an IP for a switch without it being an RVI

Posted Jul 09, 2018 07:29 PM

How about OOB management port?