Wired Intelligent Edge (Campus Switching and Routing)

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

Tacacs+ password change feature on ArubaOS switches

Hi Everyone!

I have Clearpass, where I can put an option "require password change on the next Tacacs+ login". And I have 2930M switches and Cisco switches. I can log in on all of them by TACACS+. But password changing works only for Cisco switch. I think I miss something in AOS configuration, or feature is not supported. What is the case?

Highlighted
MVP Guru

Re: Tacacs+ password change feature on ArubaOS switches

That is a pretty specific question, and it may be that only few people ever ran into this feature. If there is no answer here, I would recommend opening a support case to verify why the password change on TACACS+ doesn't work properly (not supported, or misconfiguration).

--
If you have urgent issues, please contact your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC (click for contact details).
Highlighted
Contributor I

I have the same challenge - customer migrating from cisco to aruba... we would like to have this feature, to change tacacs passwords on cli 

Highlighted
MVP Guru Elite

Hi,

May be also ask on Security (ClearPass) board ?

PowerArubaSW: Powershell Module to use Aruba Switch API for Vlan, VlanPorts, LACP, LLDP... More info

PowerArubaCP: Powershell Module to use ClearPass API (create NAD, Guest...) More info

PowerArubaCX: Powershell Module to use ArubaCX API (get interface/vlan/ports info)

PowerArubaIAP: Powershell Module to use Aruba Instant AP

PowerArubaMC: Powershell Module to use Mobility Controller / Master

ACMP 6.4 / ACMX #107 / ACCP 6.5 / ACSP