Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution

Transition from old to new network

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Transition from old to new network

Posted Mar 23, 2019 08:09 AM
    Hi,

I have general networking question with my new Aruba switching. We have old network on Cisco gear running OSPF area 0 with different address space ... and then new network with new address space running OSPF area 0 and few others for stub areas with Aruba switches.

Do I connect both core switches with a point to point link and static routing (summarising both address spaces) ... or should I simply add each core switch into area 0 and let them exchange all routes? There’s defo no overlapping network addresses and it would make transitioning different addresses easier in the future ... but is it safe to do?

Is it better to use static routing to keep address summary cleaner and update this as we transition over address space?

Thanks