Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Unable to connect through snmp and access control list for vlan

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Unable to connect through snmp and access control list for vlan

Posted Aug 22, 2019 07:38 PM

Have a strange issue. We have five 2930m switch stacks throughout our buildings that we just finished installing a couple of days ago. I am able to connect to snmp on the switches and pull info, except one of our switch stacks. All settings look the same across stacks, but when I try to connect to the one I get an unable to connect or snmp. I can ping, telnet, and access the web interface. Noticed that there is an access list for one of the vlans on the switch. Not sure how it got there, but can't remove it. Doesn't seem to be causing any issues, but not sure if that is what is causing the snmp issue? The first one below is a port query for a switch stack I can connect to snmp on and the second port query below is for the stack I can't connect to. Looking at the web interface things seem the same for snmp settings. Not sure if there is somewhere else I need to look?

Switch stack snmp working

TCP port 161 (unknown service): FILTERED

UDP port 161 (snmp service): LISTENING or FILTERED

Sending SNMP query to UDP port 161...

UDP port 161 is LISTENING

Switch stack snmp not working

TCP port 161 (unknown service): NOT LISTENING

UDP port 161 (snmp service): LISTENING or FILTERED

Sending SNMP query to UDP port 161...

UDP port 161 (snmp service): FILTERED

Thank you and appreciate any help and suggestions

• 2.  RE: Unable to connect through snmp and access control list for vlan

MVP GURU
    Posted Aug 23, 2019 05:31 AM

Can you share the snmp configuration of switch ? and also there is no ip authorized configuration on the switch?

• 3.  RE: Unable to connect through snmp and access control list for vlan

Posted Aug 23, 2019 10:12 AM

Basically using default out of the box the settings to get the connection tested. snmp-server community "public" unrestricted. No IP authorized configuration on the switch. 

• 4.  RE: Unable to connect through snmp and access control list for vlan

MVP GURU
    Posted Aug 27, 2019 09:46 AM

there is the same firmware ?

it is no a routing issue ? (missing the default gateway ?)

• 5.  RE: Unable to connect through snmp and access control list for vlan

Posted Aug 27, 2019 07:12 PM

Everything is same between the stacks. I can connect to all protocols on switch except snmp. Switch is using V2 of snmp. Stumped!

• 6.  RE: Unable to connect through snmp and access control list for vlan

MVP GURU
    Posted Aug 28, 2019 05:08 AM

what output of show snmp-server ?

• 7.  RE: Unable to connect through snmp and access control list for vlan

Posted Aug 29, 2019 10:00 PM

Strange, but resolved the issue. Not sure why but the windows firewall on the computer was causing the issue with just that one switch stack. Everything is the same between all stacks and switches, but that one had an issue.