Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 12 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Usage of Fault-Finder loss of link

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Usage of Fault-Finder loss of link

Posted Feb 19, 2019 05:23 AM

Hi everyone, 

this is my first post- nice to meet all of you...

I have a question about the fault-finder feature, especially the loss-of-link setting. A customer wants a port to shut down automatically when someone unpluggs the network cable. As far as I understand fault-finder loss-of-link action warn-and-disable [sensitivity high] should do the trick. I tried this on a 2930F48G. After unplugging the cable and replugging it, the port came online, though. The Switch did not log any fault-finder message. Did I miss something? For testing, I entered the fault-finder link-flapping feature which logs and shuts down the interface after plugging the cable 4 times in a short time.

Thanks for your help!

• 2.  RE: Usage of Fault-Finder loss of link

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 19, 2019 01:41 PM

Greetings!

We are investigating this in the lab. What software version are you running on the 2930F on which you saw this issue?

• 3.  RE: Usage of Fault-Finder loss of link

Posted Feb 20, 2019 07:52 AM

Hi Matthew,

thanks for your reply.

Currently I am running SW WC.16.05.0007 on that switch.

Update:

I recently deployed WC.16.08.0001 on that switch. It still shows the described behaviour.