Wired Intelligent Edge (Campus Switching and Routing)

Upcoming community maintenance Oct. 27th through Oct. 29th
For more info click here
Highlighted
New Contributor

VLAN number re-mapping

I need to present a number of VLANs on a single connection between an Aruba 5406R and an external network. My issue is that several of the VLANs need to re-numbered "in transit".

This would be relatively trivial on Comware, however I cannot find an equivalent command in ArubaOS-Switch.

Any ideas?

Pete

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
MVP Guru

Re: VLAN number re-mapping

I'm afraid that the VLAN Id translation/remapping feature (during transit) was never developed/introduced on ArubaOS-Switch (or older HP ProVision) based switch series...so you're not going to be lucky with an Aruba 5400R zl2 switch series.

I know for sure it was introduced on ArubaOS-CX based switch series (and not since beginning...but starting from 10.03.0001 IIRC).

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
MVP Guru

I'm afraid that the VLAN Id translation/remapping feature (during transit) was never developed/introduced on ArubaOS-Switch (or older HP ProVision) based switch series...so you're not going to be lucky with an Aruba 5400R zl2 switch series.

I know for sure it was introduced on ArubaOS-CX based switch series (and not since beginning...but starting from 10.03.0001 IIRC).

View solution in original post

Highlighted
MVP Guru Elite

but not on all ArubaCX product... (only 83xx and after ?)

PowerArubaSW: Powershell Module to use Aruba Switch API for Vlan, VlanPorts, LACP, LLDP... More info

PowerArubaCP: Powershell Module to use ClearPass API (create NAD, Guest...) More info

PowerArubaCX: Powershell Module to use ArubaCX API (get interface/vlan/ports info)

PowerArubaIAP: Powershell Module to use Aruba Instant AP

PowerArubaMC: Powershell Module to use Mobility Controller / Master

ACMP 6.4 / ACMX #107 / ACCP 6.5 / ACSP
Highlighted
MVP Guru

@alagoutte wrote: but not on all ArubaCX product... (only 83xx and after ?)

Exactly Alexis, you're right!

The VLAN translation feature was, at least initially (ArubaOS-CX 10.03), introduced only on Aruba 8320, 8325 and 8400X Switch series because those hardware platforms were the only available at time...but with the subsequent release of ArubaOS-CX 10.04 (and newer 10.05) that feature was extended also to Aruba 6300/6400 Switch series (I'm not sure it is really available on the Aruba 6200 too [*]).

[*] On the ArubaOS-CX 10.05 Command-Line Interface Guide for Aruba 6200 Switch Series there aren't references about vlan translation and show vlan translation commands found instead on CLI Guides related to Aruba 8320, 8325, 8400X and 6300/6400 Switch series.

Highlighted
MVP Guru

Today, VLAN translation is available on all AOS-CX switches , except 6200.

Highlighted
MVP Guru

Thanks Giles for confirming about Aruba 6200!

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: