Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

VSF Aruba 2930f

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  VSF Aruba 2930f

Posted May 22, 2020 05:35 AM

Hi All,

Can anyone help me with VSF!

I have 2 Aruba 2930f switches stacked together in VSF. I have got a question here if for some reason stack between the switch breaks whats going to happen with the standby switch? does it take over as Master and if yes there are any implications on the network?

And is it necessary to connect 2 VSF cables can I only use one if yes then is there any disadvantage of it in the future.

I have 2 vsf switches commander with priority 255 and standby with 254.

Also I want to connect 6 more switches together in VSF, can some one suggest me redundant topology for it and cables I will need to connect all the vsf members. 

Thanks,

Rish

• 2.  RE: VSF Aruba 2930f

Posted May 22, 2020 06:14 AM

I have got a question here if for some reason stack between the switch breaks whats going to happen with the standby switch? does it take over as Master vidmate teatv shareit

• 3.  RE: VSF Aruba 2930f

MVP EXPERT
    Posted May 22, 2020 06:21 AM

Hey, have you seen the below, it covers some of your questions.

Vertical Switching Framework VSF 

In regards, are you referring to splitting of the stack (e.g split brain) or should the Commander be 'down'? 

Split Brain Problem 

You should always use 2x VSF links for aggregation and redundancy.

Also take a look at the below, it features topology for more then 2 switches.

Technical Webinar- Virtual Switching Framework – ArubaOS Switch