Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 2 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Will we ever see VSX for 6300M?

This thread has been viewed 16 times
  • 1.  Will we ever see VSX for 6300M?

Posted Jan 05, 2020 05:27 PM

Hi,

Will we ever see VSX for 6300M?

With some models targetted at distribution (ex.: 24x SFP+ 10G), how can you ensure high availability without it, as VSF can't perform non-disruptive upgrades?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Will we ever see VSX for 6300M?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 13, 2020 05:14 PM

6300s are positioned at access layer and VSF is more suitable as the stack members can go upto 10. I am sure there will be enhancement to it but they way i see it VSX will only be aimed at core-aggg swicthes where there are 2x members.

• 3.  RE: Will we ever see VSX for 6300M?

Posted Jan 21, 2020 11:32 AM

@ariyap wrote:

6300s are positioned at access layer and VSF is more suitable as the stack members can go upto 10. I am sure there will be enhancement to it but they way i see it VSX will only be aimed at core-aggg swicthes where there are 2x members.

Hi,

AFAIK, the 6300 switch is positioned as an access, aggregation and core switch. From the datasheet:

The Aruba CX 6300 switch series is a modern, flexible and intelligent family of stackable switches ideal for enterprise network access, aggregation and core.

Regards,

Julián

• 4.  RE: Will we ever see VSX for 6300M?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 14, 2020 10:53 AM

Would recommend contacting your sales team for roadmap information or feature requests.