Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

aruba 2930F Layer3 operation mode

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  aruba 2930F Layer3 operation mode

Posted Feb 10, 2017 08:03 AM

Hello All, I have some questions regarding Aruba 2930F layer 3 operation and features, and appriciate any help.

1 - Does the ip level features are available for configuration on the webgui (routing, interfaces ip's, dhcp, etc)? If so how do I get them on GUI (for the moment only CLI)?

2 - Does this switch model supports an interface to work as I pure layer3 interface or is that only supported by creating SVI's (vlan interfaces)?

3 - Upon a DHCP pool with range/subnet is it possible to exclude some ip addresses from the pool (excluded-address ...) -- don't get that command?

4 - do you know or have a sample of a DHCP database that we could pull into the switch for operation as a DHCP server (ip addr leasings to clients) instead of defining pools and single static ip-mac binding per pool (don't find anywhere the database layout/structure to be imported and applyed by the switch)!?

best regards, and thanks in advance

• 2.  RE: aruba 2930F Layer3 operation mode

Posted May 12, 2017 09:36 AM

Hi,

There are 3 options you have to furfill to let the Aruba switch route.

* Setup ip default gateway

* Setup ip in vlan's (which will be routed)

* Enable ip routing on switch

I assume the DHCP service of the switch is just a lite DHCP server, no special things are available. Best practice is to let a server or firewall do the DHCP service. Much more stable.

Kind regards,

Thomas