Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

autorun on the 2930f

This thread has been viewed 22 times
  • 1.  autorun on the 2930f

Posted May 30, 2020 07:38 AM

According to the manual it has autorun capability, and the command can be run on the switch, but I see no USB-ports on it.

Does that mean that it will work if I have a micro-USB stick with an autorun-script?

Does it require an OTG cable?

CAN you (optionally) use an OTG cable and a regular USB(A)-stick instead of a micro-USB-stick?

Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: autorun on the 2930f

Posted May 30, 2020 11:56 AM

What kind of autorun script you looking for.

• 3.  RE: autorun on the 2930f

Posted May 31, 2020 06:42 PM

Hi.

Not looking for a script (already have one in mind). As I mentioned I'm just wondering if an autorun script can be run and so on as I mentioned in the first post.

If you mean what type of script am I intending to run, I'm thinking of putting a "failsafe" config on a stick and leave it at the switch. If the switch config somehow gets screwed up for some reason, I'm hoping any user can then just insert the stick to overwrite the config and reset it to the "failsafe" settings on the autorun stick thus making the switch accessible from outside again, so that I or a colleague can remote login and re-config the switch.

Thanks again.

• 4.  RE: autorun on the 2930f

Posted Dec 10, 2020 05:33 PM
    can't be done on the 2930f, bought a USB-stick and tried it..and the manual seems to be refering to the 2920 which from the pictures seems to have a regular usb on the front

------------------------------
    Essi A
    ------------------------------