Wireless Access

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

Re: 104 IAP "Virtual Controller IP" is not Pingable . HELP !!!!

Dear cjoseph,

I have verified my access policies to the management VLAN. They all look ok. While being connected to Aruba IAP-305 I can not access VC through HTTPS.  At the same time I can access my HPE 1950 stack using HTTPS which is in the same subnet and VLAN as VC and IAPs. It seems like something with the VC configuration is wrong and that it prevents any administrative access. 

I can ping it, but no SSH,HTTPS or telnet connectivity.

Occasional Contributor I

I think there is a bug.

After adding more than one SSID, creating two zones and assigning SSIDs to them, now I can access VC being connected to a WLAN on IAP cluster. It was not possible before.

Guru Elite

Are you using the latest GA version of Instant software?

http://support.arubanetworks.com/LifetimeWarrantySoftware/tabid/121/DMXModule/661/Default.aspx?EntryId=21997

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Occasional Contributor I

I am on 6.5.x.x.

My cluster is formed from ten IAP-305 APs.

I did not know that this problem will grow so much. Maybe I should have started my own thread.

Will check later the exact version as I am at another location.

I have noticed another unexpected behavior. When I only  powered up a single AP from that cluster, the issue reoccured.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: