Wireless Access

last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.

205H Wired port troubleshooting commands

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  205H Wired port troubleshooting commands

Posted Jan 18, 2017 08:39 PM

I'm trying to sort some issues with wired clients plugged into my AP-205Hs. Wondering if there are useful CLI commands on the controller to give insight into where packets are stopping.

So far I have:

show ap wired stats ap-name <name> which shows all the MAC addresses connected, their ports and VLAN tags, and bytes/packets transmitted and received

show ap port status ap-name <name> which shows if each port is up or down, the ports own MAC, and its bridge mode.

Also show ap debug system-status ap-name <name> which says lots of stuff I don't understand, but has a useful "Secure Jack Status" list and POE info, as well as a "Interface Information" table with traffic and error counts for all ports.

Are there other commands that could be useful?

Also, in the debug system-status output, port "br0" has lots of drops. Is that perhaps a Bad Thing, or normal?

Thanks for any clues.

(I have a TAC case open for the particular issue we are having, but hoping I might shed some light by looking around in the controller.)