Wireless Access

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

2930M - Uplink modules will not power up

Hi,

We have a pair of 2930M switches with 2930M 4SFP+ (JL083A) modules that we are installing in the back. For some reason neither one will power up.  We do have the stacking modules active next to the uplink slots and they work fine.  I have reseated the modules several times but never even see a status light blink on them when the switch powers up.  Do I need to activate the port they plug into or something?  

Thanks,

Frequent Contributor I

Betreff: 2930M - Uplink modules will not power up

Hi,

what SFP + Gbic or DA cable you have installed?
The module itself is still nothing

Thomas

Occasional Contributor I

I have twinaxial cables going to a couple of servers.  The servers do recognize their 10G ports.  I also have a 10G transceiver in one of the slots but it isn't connected to anything yet.  Even with all the slots empty I do not see any lights when the switch boots up.  

Are u using Aruba/HPE SFP's ? or 3rd party vendor , if 3rd party vendor,Please read here:

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Wired-Intelligent-Edge-Campus/Unsupported-transceiver-option/ta-p/519194

*****************2Plus Wireless Solutions****************************
Aruba Airheads - Powered By community for empower the community
************ Don't Forget to Kudos + me,If i helped you******************
Occasional Contributor I

I'm using HPE Aruba cables and transceiver modules.  PN: J9283D and J9150D respectively.  It's all new equipment as well.  

Might be switch firmware? what version installed on your 2930M?

*****************2Plus Wireless Solutions****************************
Aruba Airheads - Powered By community for empower the community
************ Don't Forget to Kudos + me,If i helped you******************
Occasional Contributor I

I'll upgrade the firmware and see if that helps.  I'm currently on WC.16.07.0002 which is older.  Thanks for working with me on this.  I'll be back on-site in a few days and will run the upgrade.  I'll post the results.  

Regular Contributor I

should work when installed, no config needed.

do you see the interfaces under show interface brief? they are numbered with an 1/A1 for stack member 1, or interface A1 if no stacking is enabled.

- - - - Aruba ACCX #748, ACDX #758, ACMP, ACEAP | HPE Master ASE - - - -
- - - - - - - Feel free to give kudos or accept as a solution! - - - - - - - - -
Occasional Contributor I

They do not show up under the interfaces.  Reading the manual it looks like they should have amber lights during boot and for any unplugged ports but I get nothing at all ever.  It's as if nothing is plugged into the module slot at all.  They are seating properly and I have re-seated them a few times just to be sure.  One thought I had was power.  Each swich only has one of power supply in it but there is an empty slot for a redundant power supply as well.  Even though these are not POE switches I do have the stacking modules installed and working which may necessitate that I use a second PSU???  Thoughts?

Regular Contributor I

Maybe stupid: But last time i installed them, i really need to push them quit hard to get the last bit in, did you use enough force to completely click them in?

- - - - Aruba ACCX #748, ACDX #758, ACMP, ACEAP | HPE Master ASE - - - -
- - - - - - - Feel free to give kudos or accept as a solution! - - - - - - - - -
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: