Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

Betreff: 2930M - Uplink modules will not power up

I thought the same thing and pressed them in as far as they would go then really cranked down on the captive screws.  Nothing.  I'll keep trying.  I'm hoping the firmware update might yeild some results.  I'm also considering doing a full reset on the switches to see if it can then see the modules when it boots back up.  

Highlighted
Aruba Employee

This may be a silly question, but are you plugged into the Flex port? It is located to the right of the Stacking port blank (when viewed from the rear)? There is also a slot for an extra power supply as well.

Occasional Contributor I

They are in the correct slots.  All three slots are actually different from each other.  We're using the stacking slot already and one if the two power supply slots. 

Aruba Employee

The uplink module and the transceivers are listed as supported on the HPE QuickSpecs site.  The only module I have had issues with was the Smart Rate cards, they did require OS version  WC 16.04.XX.

That was the first OS version to support the JL083A uplink module

You have indicated you are already at WC 16.07, so that should not be the issue.  I have not found any Technical notices that indicate failures. There is another community article JL083A module not found in hp Aruba 2930M switch . The Solution was solved by a switch OS update.

Software is available at the Aruba Support Portal and at the HPE Support site

Occasional Contributor I

I'll try the update and post back.

Thanks,

Occasional Contributor I

Fabian called it.  They were not installed fully.  I even had the screws tightened down but pushing really hard moved them another millimeter or so which immediately lit up the ports.  Hopefully my idiocy will server to help others in the future.  Thanks everyone for your responses.  It's working perfectly now.  

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: