Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Re: 3200 controller OS update

Hmmm, realy?

The installer tried to configure it last year, yes it has been that long and not working yet, that he said we needed a Windows 2008 domain controller for Windows 7/8 options (aka:to be able to change user passord when expired!)

Should I start another thread for this? I would realy like to get this up and running...it is a pain in the a$$ right now!

Thanks

Guru Elite

Your problem is not being able to change passwords on the desktop? Please explain the steps and what is not working. Can new users who have never logged into a laptop wirelessly, login?

To get the full functionality and control of Windows 7 laptops outside of wireless you absolutely need a domain controller that is 2008 and greater for all of the group policy stuff. Your 2003 radius server, through machine authentication should allow your users to change passwords over wireless.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars

cjoseph, no, a new user that hasn't yet authenticated on a wireless laptop cannot login.

Neither can any user change his password when it has expired.

I know that to have all gpo's related to Windows 7 that I must have a 2008 or greater DC server but always doubted that it was needed concerning passwords!

Guru Elite

Tman,

The key to what you just said is allowing machine authentication to occur on your radius server. Your rule on IAS will frequently allow groups of users to authenticate, but it must also allow the domain computers group to authenticate, as well.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars

Would you happen to have any screenshots as to where I would make this possible?

I haven't played with IAS much, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Guru Elite

http://community.arubanetworks.com/aruba/attachments/aruba/aaa-nac-guest-access-byod/1025/1/IAS+Config.pdf

This is just a document to configure IAS from scratch.  To make changes to an existing environment, you should get someone who knows the impact on what you are doing currently to make the changes.

ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars

I'll have a look.

Thanks!

Ok, well I can now authenticate new users that never logged in on a laptop... BUT... I am still unable to change the password if it is expired.

All options in RADIUS are activated for a user to be able to change their pasword but still does not work.

thanks!

Highlighted
Guru Elite

Tman,

That is because with 802.1x unless you are authenticated successfully, your link is down....That means your laptop cannot contact the domain controller to change your password.

ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars

So, in other words, it can't be done? Right?

Our help desk will reset user passwords when they forget their passwords...and force the user to change their temp password by checking the box "user must change password".

I guess this will have to change?

Would you suggest I authenticate my users otherwise?

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: