Wireless Access

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

8.3.0.9?

I might be overlooking something obvious, but why was 8.3.0.9 released?  The release notes show nothing for new features and nothing for resolved issues.

Am I missing something?  We are on 8.3.0.8 now so 8.3.0.9 would be a natural progression, but the odd (lack of) release notes gives me a bit of concern.

Frequent Contributor II

Re: 8.3.0.9?

It is a conservative release and not your standard release.

There are new regulatory updates for this version i believe. As those change frequently for different countries.

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.
--Problem Solved? Click "Accepted Solution" in a post.

Ajay Kumar Ravipati
ACMA (V8) | ACMP (V8) | CCENT | CCNA (R&S) | PAN-OS 8.0 ACE
Occasional Contributor II

That might be the case but a note in the release notes would be easy enough to do and alleviate any ambiguity.

As far as DRT updates themselves, though I haven't ever had the need to download them -- they appear to be available as a standalone download themselves.

Guru Elite

It was good to see that someone reads the release notes...

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Frequent Contributor I

@kurtisg wrote:

That might be the case but a note in the release notes would be easy enough to do and alleviate any ambiguity.

+1. This isn't the first time either, there was an 8.4 release awhile back I think that gave me the same confusion as this one. What's the point of release notes if they give you *no* details on what the release is for. 

Contributor II

I'm running 8.3.0.9 smooth as butter and was confused till i looked over it closely.... 

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: