Wireless Access

last person joined: 4 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AMP 8.2.6.1 and ClearPass 6.7.5.108264

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  AMP 8.2.6.1 and ClearPass 6.7.5.108264

Posted Nov 19, 2018 12:31 PM

I am having trouble now with our WLAN users connecting to the corporate network.  I would like to know how will I be able to see authentication or connection issues and also identify if the problem is with the AP or controller or with the ClearPass authentication server.

• 2.  RE: AMP 8.2.6.1 and ClearPass 6.7.5.108264

Posted Nov 19, 2018 12:55 PM

You can check the Access Tracker on Clerpass, it's useful when you are troubleshooting.

• 3.  RE: AMP 8.2.6.1 and ClearPass 6.7.5.108264

Posted Nov 19, 2018 01:32 PM

Thanks for the quick reply. What specifically should I be looking at the Access Tracker?

The reason I am asking is that we usually have users opening up access issues tickets even if they can successfully login in the past.  And the workaround we do is to clear the mac-authentication cache in 

Administration > Server Manager >  Server Configuration >

Tick the server 

Click "Clear Machine Authentication Cache" on Top Right.

I would like to know also wherein the Wireless controllers can I see logs pertaining to access issues if there are any.

• 4.  RE: AMP 8.2.6.1 and ClearPass 6.7.5.108264

Posted Nov 19, 2018 03:36 PM
      |   view attached

Update,

Clearing the mac-authentication cache is not helping either.  I have escalated this to Aruba TAC and they want to run debug mode on our ClearPass Authentication server and also export the client certificates for working and nonworking laptops.  will reply to this post once I have any new updates from them.

Note:

Certificates are being deployed via Windows GPO so it's automatic.
    Only several are having certificate authentication problems and not all.

Attachment(s)

txt
    unknown certificate.txt   1 KB 1 version

• 5.  RE: AMP 8.2.6.1 and ClearPass 6.7.5.108264

Posted Nov 20, 2018 02:17 PM

Update:

Aruba TAC engineer required debug logs and desktop logs from working and non-working laptops trying to connect to the corporate wifi.

They also asked for the exported certificates from the laptops that is working and not working.