Wireless Access

last person joined: 5 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AOS 5.x Firmware

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AOS 5.x Firmware

Posted Oct 28, 2019 12:57 AM

I need of help. If someone could supply me a AOS 5.x firmware for 2400 controller. I know it's really old controller and has no support for this controller. I also like to know if I could use AP-135 with this controller. Any assistance will be appreciated. Thank you

• 2.  RE: AOS 5.x Firmware

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Oct 28, 2019 04:54 AM

Here is the link for the archived ArubaOS 5.x releases. You will need an account to access it.

https://support.arubanetworks.com/DownloadSoftware/tabid/75/DMXModule/510/EntryId/3934/Default.aspx

The AP135 requires a minimum of ArubaOS 6.1.1.0 to run. The 2400 controller will only run up to AOS5.x

https://www.arubanetworks.com/en-gb/support-services/end-of-life/

• 3.  RE: AOS 5.x Firmware

Posted Oct 28, 2019 07:40 AM

My problems are that I don't have an account and we have called support twice and they would not support by saying "S/N is not coming up valid". I am reading S/N back of the unit.

May I ask which used cheapest controller will work with AP-135's? Thank you

• 4.  RE: AOS 5.x Firmware

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Oct 28, 2019 07:51 AM

How many APs do you need to terminate on the controller? This will determine your controller model. The AP135 will support upto ArubaOS 8.6 so any controller which can run this firmware (e.g smallest controller 7005) would be suitable.

• 5.  RE: AOS 5.x Firmware

Posted Oct 28, 2019 09:23 AM

I only need 12 AP-135's for my setup. We are a small business with budget restriction so I am only looking for used setup. I have already received mentioned equipments in previous post. Since 2400 controler will not work with AP-135's than I need subtitute that is reasonable. I am looking some on eBay but not sure which one to get since most of the listing on eBay does not tell which AOS the controller has. 

I appreciate if you could point me to right direction since I have no experience in networking. I have someone is helping me with the setup but he mostly work with Cisco brand. Thank you