Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AOS 8.3.0.4 with Lync SDN

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AOS 8.3.0.4 with Lync SDN

Posted Nov 21, 2018 09:53 PM

We used AOS 8.3.0.0 before, and the Lync SDN Manager send the call info to MM so as to optimize the lync quality. Because we need to fix the bug which Airwave couldn't get the channel utilization from AP/AC, we upgraded the MM to 8.3.0.4.  After about 10 days, our MM crashed. After the analysis of logs, I doubt that the MM couldn't deal with the call data from Lync SDN Manager correctly like before.  Of course I opened a case for this issue. But I suggest not upgrade to 8.3.0.4 if you are using the  Lync SDN Manage with MM.

• 2.  RE: AOS 8.3.0.4 with Lync SDN

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 22, 2018 05:57 AM

In ArubaOS 8.3.0.4 the MM is not parsing the Lync SDN Stream.  Your MM crashing is probably a different issue.

• 3.  RE: AOS 8.3.0.4 with Lync SDN

Posted Nov 25, 2018 09:23 PM

Not very clearly how MM handle the SDN Manager data. But I could find tons of error logs as below.

"Nov 20 10:07:25  httpd[18696]: arci_cgi: Returning error as the input arguments might have their values altered. Could be SQL Injection."

And when I stop sending Lync call info to MM, the MM could work smoothly. So I'm sure that they must be related.