Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

AOS 8.3.0.7 becomes to CR 3 weeks after it is released, is it possible?

Hi All,

Previously, I had a lot of problems with 8.3.x Standard Releases, so I used 8.2.x Conservative Releases.

However I must install 8.3.x at one of our customer a few weeks ago because there were AP345 types in the network. I chose the version 8.3.0.1, the more it was the least known bug in the Release Note.

Unfortunately, the customer ran into a problem. After debugging, we could see a known bug that was listed as a resolved issue in 8.3.0.1 Release Notes.

It seems the fix is not perfect, so I want to upgrade the system, and I do not know that we dare to install the 8.3.0.7 version. 8.3.0.7 Release Notes contains 16 pages of known issues, so I have doubt about it.

What do you think about this "early" Conservative Release?

Thanks!

Guru Elite

Re: AOS 8.3.0.7 becomes to CR 3 weeks after it is released, is it possible?

If your customer observed a bug that is fixed in 8.3.0.1, I hope you reported it, so it can get fixed.

Also, I assume you also have read the article here?  https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Wireless-Access/Updates-to-Aruba-Release-Naming-Replacing-ED-and-GA/td-p/279651

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars

Not yet, it is a fresh story. Where can I report it, should I open a TAC case?

I know that article about releases, that's why I'm worried: Releases will typically take ~3-6 months to earn the Conservative tag.

8.3.0.7 becomes CR in less than a month... (with 16 pages of known issues)

What I had understood from our SE is that train bugreleases, like 8.3.0.6, 8.3.0.7 etc. will only contain bug fixes and that ones engineering/support feel a release is stable for production it will marked as CR candidate. 

So the way I look at it is that 8.3 has been released since 29/06/2018 and the CR has been released on 24/05/2019, which is 11 months after the original train release. 

I'm not part of HPE/Aruba so perhaps an internal / PLM can explain it better or add some nuance. 

Guru Elite

@SkiP wrote:

Not yet, it is a fresh story. Where can I report it, should I open a TAC case?

I know that article about releases, that's why I'm worried: Releases will typically take ~3-6 months to earn the Conservative tag.

8.3.0.7 becomes CR in less than a month... (with 16 pages of known issues)

It doesn't get fixed unless it is reported, replicated in-house and then patched.  You should open a TAC case and report it.

The post above explains why it is not less than a month.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: