Wireless Access

last person joined: 9 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AOS 8.3 on Hyper V

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  AOS 8.3 on Hyper V

Posted Jan 31, 2019 12:23 PM

Good Afternoon,

i would like some help with the operation of this new AOS.  I have a hyper-v server with two HD and 8 GB of RAM.  I loaded P0 and then it stops..The attachements will have configuration of Hyper-V server and the VM.  I have restarted system and each time it stops at this point.

• 2.  RE: AOS 8.3 on Hyper V

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jan 31, 2019 12:35 PM
    Please follow the guide strictly for installation on hyper-v. What version of hyperv do you run? Hv2019 is not supported yet. Also take care you use static mac adresses.

https://support.arubanetworks.com/DesktopModules/Bring2mind/DMX/Download.aspx?TabId=77&DMXModule=512&Command=Core_Download&EntryId=32546&PortalId=0

• 3.  RE: AOS 8.3 on Hyper V

Posted Jan 31, 2019 01:35 PM

Yes, very familiar with this document.  I have followed the directions like a bible. Yet the VM does not go any further, i checked the version of HV and it HV2012.   

• 4.  RE: AOS 8.3 on Hyper V

Posted Jan 31, 2019 02:12 PM

Since I have only one NIC for the VM would that cause an issue.  In the instruction it is asking for a removal of NEtwork Adapter then making a Etherchannel in the next caption?  Could that be the issue....

• 5.  RE: AOS 8.3 on Hyper V

Posted Jan 31, 2019 05:25 PM

You need 2 network adapters, but not etherchannel.  

Double check the Hardware Acceleration and Advanced Features for these Network Adapters  

These are my working Hyper-V MM:

1.JPG2.JPG

• 6.  RE: AOS 8.3 on Hyper V

Posted Feb 07, 2019 09:03 AM

Good Morning,

I saw the last post, so I move the VM to another server where I could finish testing the new AOS.  So in the documents it tells of going into PowerShell and creating a port-channel.  Is that action still needed if on the GUI I give the server 2 NIC's?

• 7.  RE: AOS 8.3 on Hyper V
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 07, 2019 10:41 AM

These are base on my personal experience, probably not the best pratice:

• No need to trunk/port channel. I run two VMMs in Vmware and Hyper-V they are not port channel. The guide is problaby there if you want trunk the links.
    • VMM is strict and requires minimum 3 Proc, 6 GB memory or it won’t boot. Hyper-V dynamic memory won’t work, you must assign all 6GB in “Start up memory”
    • It shows my Hyper-V VMM has three NICs. But only the second NIC is in use and it maps to port gig 0/0/0 in VMM.
    • Watch the console for the message if it hangs.

• 8.  RE: AOS 8.3 on Hyper V

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jan 31, 2019 12:35 PM
    Please follow the guide strictly for installation on hyper-v. What version of hyperv do you run? Hv2019 is not supported yet. Also take care you use static mac adresses.

https://support.arubanetworks.com/DesktopModules/Bring2mind/DMX/Download.aspx?TabId=77&DMXModule=512&Command=Core_Download&EntryId=32546&PortalId=0