Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AOS 8.5 'WLANs' section overridden by AAA profile?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AOS 8.5 'WLANs' section overridden by AAA profile?

Posted Aug 20, 2019 04:43 PM

We're fairly new to 8.5, and it appears to me that the WLANs section is best avoided.  From what I can tell, the options here are overridden by the VAP, AAA profile, etc.  For instance, the WLANs section allows you to select RADIUS servers, but not server groups.  In fact, it seems like every option under the 'WLANs' section also appears in the profiles.  The GUI does not indicate which location takes priority.  Or do I misunderstand?

• 2.  RE: AOS 8.5 'WLANs' section overridden by AAA profile?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 20, 2019 05:01 PM

I'm seeing the opposite, where server groups and internal db is available in creating a WLAN (individual servers are not, by design). Where are the RADIUS server groups configured in the hierarchy? Specific to RADIUS servers, there's no priority, the groups added should just be one where multiple RADIUS servers are prioritized in the group. 

Can you attach some screenshots to include where the server groups are configured in the heirarchy relative to where the WLANs are created? if you're seeing just RADIUS servers, where are those created in the heirarchy?

• 3.  RE: AOS 8.5 'WLANs' section overridden by AAA profile?

Posted Aug 21, 2019 11:59 AM

Here are screenshots showing the multiple places where auth servers are referenced.  I have not tested yet to determine which are takes precedence, but the fact remains that the 1) the same settings are found in two places, 2) changing the settings in one place does not change that setting in the other place, and 3) there is no way a user can tell which place takes a higher priority.  This appears to be a bug.

AAA.pngAuth Servers.png

WLANs.png