Wireless Access

last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AOS 8 Service Modules download from where?

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  AOS 8 Service Modules download from where?

Posted Oct 01, 2018 11:14 AM

Hi,

I need a little help. I would like to upgrade some of my service modules, but I can't find from where can I download them. 

The guide states this:

Every service module has a corresponding service package, which can be downloaded from the Aruba support site and installed on Mobility Master.

I checked support.arubanetworks.com and hpe.com also, I found only firmware downloads.

Another question: in an MM-MD environment should I upgrade MMs and MDs modules also, or only MMs?

(If I should MDs, then how? There is no Maintance menu like MMs)

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: AOS 8 Service Modules download from where?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 01, 2018 11:31 AM

No individual service module upgrades are currently available.

• 3.  RE: AOS 8 Service Modules download from where?

Posted Oct 02, 2018 04:17 AM

ArubaOS 8.0 is released more than 2 years ago. 

The ArubaOS 8 Datasheet states that:

THE FOLLOWING TECHNOLOGIES IN ARUBAOS 8 ARE ONLY SUPPORTED IN THE MOBILITY MASTER

In-service module upgrade

The Mobility Master introduces the ability to dynamically update individual service modules (AppRF, AirGroup, ARM, AirMatch, NBAPI,  CM, WebCC and IP classification) that are residing on the Mobility Master, without requiring an entire system reboot.

There is a configuration guide to make LSM upgrade in AOS8 environment:

https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_82_Web_Help/Content/ArubaFrameStyles/LSM/LSM.htm

So this is advertised, but in real-life cannot be used, because of there is no images for that? 

I don't want to upgrade the full system, because of I made it 2 weeks ago, and after that the system worked very badly. I consulted with the TAC, and needed to downgrade the entire system to restore the correct operation. 

• 4.  RE: AOS 8 Service Modules download from where?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 02, 2018 06:41 AM

To answer your other question, you do not have to downgrade or upgrade the MM with the MD.  The MM simply has to be a later revision than what you want to the MDs to be.  Fortunately upgrading the MM typically  is not disruptive except in certain circumstances.  If you are clustering, using the cluster upgrade can minimize the impact of upgrading or downgrading, but could take awhile if your coverage is sparse.

• 5.  RE: AOS 8 Service Modules download from where?

Posted Oct 31, 2018 04:00 PM

@cclemmer wrote:

No individual service module upgrades are currently available.

Are upgradeable service module upgrades still going to be a feature in the future? This was one of the big selling points for ArubaOS 8 in regards to quicker fixes for AirGroup in particular. With our university environment, by time we find a bug (past experiences), it may be about 4 months till it's potentially resolved - and then the wait time for making sure code is stable. Looking at another semester before implementation of a fix for example. Was reminded of this after I found unfortunately one bug that was overlooked for patching in the 8.2.X.X train, and then another airgroup bug that existed in 6.5.3.3 and was patched in 6.5.3.4 appears to have returned in the 8.2 code.

• 6.  RE: AOS 8 Service Modules download from where?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 02, 2018 01:26 PM

@cbjohns wrote:

Are upgradeable service module upgrades still going to be a feature in the future? This was one of the big selling points for ArubaOS 8 in regards to quicker fixes for AirGroup in particular. With our university environment, by time we find a bug (past experiences), it may be about 4 months till it's potentially resolved - and then the wait time for making sure code is stable. Looking at another semester before implementation of a fix for example. Was reminded of this after I found unfortunately one bug that was overlooked for patching in the 8.2.X.X train, and then another airgroup bug that existed in 6.5.3.3 and was patched in 6.5.3.4 appears to have returned in the 8.2 code.

It is still a feature in AOS8.