Wireless Access

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AOS8 License Pool bug

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  AOS8 License Pool bug

Posted Dec 21, 2018 06:06 AM

Running 8.3.0.4 the MM global license pool shows that there are 1.8 million AP licences applied when I only have 32 valid AP licenses. I think there is a bug from some previously applied eval licenses. The PEF, RFP and VIA licenses are similarly affected. I am unable to delete the eval licenses either. Is there some other method to make the license counts correct?

AOS8_license1.jpg

• 2.  RE: AOS8 License Pool bug

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 21, 2018 08:55 AM

You might not be able to do anything.  If you cannot do a "show keys", and then "license del <key>" you might have to contact TAC to delete those keys...

• 3.  RE: AOS8 License Pool bug

Posted Dec 21, 2018 02:30 PM

step 1. request tac to enable the remaining 1million plus... looks like they given you free licensing..... just kidding.

I have a similiar problem were we used evaluation licensing to perform the migration from other infrastucture to new AOS 8 to bypass having to track and turn in licensing. When i went to delete the expired evaluation license no joy. SE confirmed the olny way to delete them is to write erase the standalone or mm. Now it would be nice if the platform didn't count expired licensing in the overall total license count.