Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP 105 Historical data.

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AP 105 Historical data.

Posted Apr 23, 2013 11:26 AM

I work in an environment that has a few hundred ap-105's. My main focus right now is to determine the historical user and data usage on each ap. We want to figure out if coverage is where it needs to be as well what ap's are being utilized or not. What would be the best course of action to get these results? Any help would be appreciated.

• 2.  RE: AP 105 Historical data.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 23, 2013 11:45 AM

Do you have AirWave?

• 3.  RE: AP 105 Historical data.

Posted Apr 23, 2013 11:48 AM

Yes, we do have AirWave.

• 4.  RE: AP 105 Historical data.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 23, 2013 12:22 PM

I would suggest using the Daily AP Client Count report as a baseline and changing the following:

- If you have your AP's in a group, restrict the report to that group.

- Change the number of items in the report to a number higher than your total AP count

- Change the report start and end date

• 5.  RE: AP 105 Historical data.

Posted Apr 23, 2013 12:23 PM

You can build and generate AirWave reports to give you some of this analysis.    Create a new report with Device Summary (RF Health will also give you some of this) as the report type.  Select your criteria as necessary; and change the number of items to include to your preference.  The resulting report will show a variety of things, but to satisfy your requirements, you can sort the columns for Clients, Max Clients, Total Data, or Avg Usage.   This coupled with any report filters you set in the definition can help you find over and underutilized APs over time.

• 6.  RE: AP 105 Historical data.

Posted Apr 23, 2013 01:03 PM

Thanks much for the quick responses. I will test this out and see what we get.