Wireless Access

last person joined: 4 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP-175 running in Mesh in a field

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AP-175 running in Mesh in a field

Posted Dec 17, 2011 09:07 AM

Hey guys!

I saw the contest and thought i would post one of the setups I made with AP-175s!

This was last summer and I installed a mesh network in a field for use during a music festival!

The first picture is of better quality but is not the final setup... (I hadn't installed the wiring for the lightning arrestors yet...)

The 2nd picture is of a final setup with copper wiring for the arrestors!

And the 3rd picture is a signal strenght picture that was taken out in a field with 3 AP-175's running and offering service to the users (handle held devices!)

A lot of fun was had but also a lot of headaches...!

Guillaume

• 2.  RE: AP-175 running in Mesh in a field

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 17, 2011 09:18 AM
    What is this contest you are talking about? Do you have a link to info about it?

• 3.  RE: AP-175 running in Mesh in a field

Posted Dec 19, 2011 10:32 AM

I sent an email Friday inviting people who had taken Aruba's outdoor training class to participate in this forum... and offered $50 to the first person who posted a photo of an outdoor installation and $50 to the person who posts the picture that gets the most "kudos" by Dec 31.  All are welcome to participate!  The real goal here is to bring together outdoor experts to share experiences and expertise.

Greg

• 4.  RE: AP-175 running in Mesh in a field

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 19, 2011 10:34 AM

@gmurphy wrote:

I sent an email Friday inviting people who had taken Aruba's outdoor training class to participate in this forum... and offered $50 to the first person who posted a photo of an outdoor installation and $50 to the person who posts the picture that gets the most "kudos" by Dec 31.  All are welcome to participate!  The real goal here is to bring together outdoor experts to share experiences and expertise.

Greg

Got it. Thanks Greg!