Wireless Access

last person joined: 3 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP 175P is not able to do pre-image download

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  AP 175P is not able to do pre-image download

Posted May 02, 2018 05:04 AM

Hello Experts,

i ran into a strange issue, where the AP 175P fails to do pre-image download .

initially i had 6.4.2.9 on the non-default partition , and then 6.4.2.12 on the default partition.  so i had applied 6.5.3.3 on the non-default partition and choosing that partition only i did a pre-image download to all the ap's.

all the ap's except the AP 175P were able to do pre-download image , but for the 175 ap's i see the following error "AP xxxxx image preload failed: Flash image upgrade failed: Result code 255; will retry".

so even though if i dont do pre-image download , and simply reboot the controller (selecting the partition which contains 6.5.3.3) , the ap's will still have to download the 6.5.3.3 image and i will again run into that error.

i cant telnet into the AP 175P ap's because all the ap's are running on a routable subnet , so is there a way to mitigate this issue ?

any help would be deeply appreciated.

• 2.  RE: AP 175P is not able to do pre-image download

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 02, 2018 07:34 AM

There is a problem with pre-image download where it fails randomly in 6.5.x.x.  It is been disabled in the release notes of 6.5.3.4 until it is fixed completely.

• 3.  RE: AP 175P is not able to do pre-image download

Posted May 02, 2018 09:18 AM

so in that case , can we just make the default boot as 6.5.3.3 and reboot the controllers , without doing the pre-image download ?

and then we should be fine ?   

• 4.  RE: AP 175P is not able to do pre-image download

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 02, 2018 09:21 AM

Correct.  Pre-load saves a little time, but the access points already upgrade pretty fast, anyways.